Monday, September 24, 2007

ohmy

The blog I chose to view was the online type of newspaper, OhmyNews (english.ohmynews.com). The website basically looks like an online source of news, there are different columns where you can choose what kind of news you want to read about and where in the world it is going on. I chose to view this blog because I thought it would be interesting to see what this pseudo blog, which was set up before blogs existed, would look like. MacKinnon’s statements were correct when she said that this website is not necessarily a blog, rather it is a good example of an online source where alternative media can show their impact on politics and how this information will spread faster online. This "blog" does in fact correspond to my understanding of what reading"Making Global Voices Hear" lead me to expect from the blog. I figured that from the title of this chapter, it would have something to do with how people communicate their feelings through blogs to people all around the world and the blog that I chose to view is a great example of that. I feel like it is a good example of it because it has different places where you can choose what type of news you want to read about and where the news is coming from. Of course, many will probably disagree with this assertion that this blog can be helpful to society because after all, the sources may not be as reliable as a source such as CNN or MSNBC, but they in fact can be a good source of information.

No comments: